Statement of Faith
1. We believe in the one true God, the source of all life, who eternally reigns over all things as the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, and who lovingly cares for all creation.
(Genesis 1:1; Genesis 2:7; Deuteronomy 6:4; Psalm 47:2, 8; Jeremiah 10:10; Matthew 28:18-19; 2 Corinthians 13:13-14; Hebrews 1:3; Revelation 4:11)
2. We believe God has made Himself known to all people. Beginning with creation and culminating in Jesus Christ, God has revealed Himself in the Old and New Testaments, which are divinely inspired and entirely trustworthy — the supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
(Psalm 19:1-11; John 17:17; Romans 1:18-20; 2 Timothy 3:14-17; 2 Peter 3:15-16; Hebrews 1:1-2)
3. We believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, God manifest in the flesh, His virgin birth, His sinless human life, His divine miracles, His vicarious and atoning death, His bodily resurrection, His ascension, His mediatorial work, and His personal return in power and glory.
(Isaiah 53:4-6; Luke 1:26-35; John 1:1, 14; 11:38-44; Acts 1:9-10; 1 Corinthians 15:3-8; Colossians 1:15; 2:9; 2 Thessalonians 1:5-10; Hebrews 1:1-3; 4:15; 7:25-27)
4. We believe God created the heavens and the earth. Humanity, God’s crowning act, was created in His very image. Sin has alienated humanity from the Creator and creation, but God offers redemption and reconciliation through Jesus Christ.
(Genesis 1-2; Psalm 8:3-8; Isaiah 59:1-2; Romans 3:23; Ephesians 1:7; Colossians 1:21-22; Revelation 5:9-10)
5. We believe God saves all people who put their faith in Jesus Christ. By His obedient life, sacrificial death, and victorious resurrection, Christ delivers people from the tyranny of sin and death and redeems them for eternal life in the age to come. We believe the Holy Spirit regenerates and indwells the people of God, enabling them to live holy lives.
(John 3:16; Acts 16:30-31; Romans 6:1-11; 8:9-10; Ephesians 2:8-10; 1 John 2:29; 3:9; 4:7; 5:1)
6. We believe the Church is the covenant community called by God through Jesus Christ and signified by baptism and the Lord’s Supper. The local church gathers regularly for worship and fellowship, and engages the culture with a life of discipleship and witness as empowered by the Holy Spirit.
(Matthew 5:16; 16:18; 28:19; Luke 9:23-26; Acts 1:8; 2:38, 42; 1 Corinthians 1:26-31; 11:23-26; Hebrews 10:19-25; 1 Peter 2:9)
7. We believe the Lord Jesus Christ will return triumphantly at the end of this age to destroy all evil powers, resurrect all humanity, condemn all who have rejected Him to eternal punishment, and unite all believers to reign forever with God in glory.
(Matthew 24:29-31; 25:31-46; John 5:25-29; 2 Thessalonians 1:5-10; Revelation 5:9-10; 19:11; 21:8)